Sunday, July 18, 2010

welcome to struggletown.

Today's bible lesson was entitled - 'What the flip do I do when God doesn't answer me'. Cleverly disguised as teaching for ten or so young people, today's lesson was truly my selfish attempt to preach to myself.

It's so easy to get caught up in the emotion of a crowd; to be swept away by the overwhelming emotion of a mass, yet in the secret place comes a deeper intimacy, one which we live for yet few find. This perhaps has been the loneliest weeks I can remember. You don't realise how much you rely upon someone for strength until you try to stand on your own two feet.

And then comes the lesson - TRUST HIM. Throughout the past three weeks of my life is this gargantuan whisper resonates in my spirit. Inescapable, this whisper overcomes every attempt to drown out its sound. Though He speaks in small still whispers, I forget that it is HIS WORD, the same Word that created, shaped, planned and saved my life. Amazingly God is not phased, not even stressed by what is to me, an insurmountable obstacle. 9 sleeps and I can have my best friend back, but how much have I changed? I pray the difference will be night and day.

No comments:

Post a Comment